Landing: An intermediate floor or platform between flights of stairs. Landings permit directional changes in the staircase.
- It is common to refer to the first or second floor (at the bottom and top of a stairway) as a landing, but for our purposes a landing is within the staircase since this is where custom stair runner fabrication is most often needed. Very often – the staircase ultimately “lands” in first floor foyer, and on the 2nd floor in a hallway connecting rooms.
- In most cases there is just one landing within a staircase – however, it is not uncommon to have *2 landings within one staircase.
- Lower Stairs: the section or group of stairs below an intermediate landing.
- Upper Stairs: the section or group of stairs above an intermediate landing.
- *Mid-way and Uppermost Stairs: on a staircase which has 2 landings, this is how we might refer to these sections or groups of stairs. Midway stairs are between the 2 landings. Uppermost stairs are those above the higher of 2 landings.
Our Custom Landing Quote Form is available on our runner product pages so that you can request a quote for your project and a specific product. For custom width materials please Contact Us – the quote form is not yet available on those pages.